CCRCE and our schools have now switched to a new messaging system for texts, emails, and automated phone calls. This new system is called SchoolMessenger Communicate. As with our previous system, we will continue to use this system to let families know of news, announcements, and other important information.
Text Message Opt-in
To ensure compliance with Canada Anti-Spam laws, all families will need to opt-in to receive text messages from your school and CCRCE. As this is an entirely new communication system, we will need families to opt-in even if they have already given permission for text notifications in past years. If you do not reply, you will not receive any future texts from your school.
Next Steps to Opt-in
CCRCE has been working with our new messaging provider to create a regional opt-in campaign. Last week, during the set-up of this upcoming text opt-in campaign, a mistake occurred that resulted in an incomplete text message sent out to CCRCE families that might have appeared as spam. We have been working with the company to send out an official opt-in initiation recognizing that some parents and guardians may have already acted on the mistake text invite.
- Families who ignored the incomplete text message
- If we have your SMS text phone number on file in PowerSchool, on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, you will send one Opt-in invitation text message to your cell phone numbers asking recipients to reply that they are willing to receive further text messages. The message will be from a short code 978338 and will state:
"Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education messages. Reply Y to confirm, HELP 4 info. Message & data rates may apply. Message frequency varies. Schoolmessenger.com/smsca”
NEXT STEPS: If you would like to receive text messages from CCRCE/your school, reply Y. If you do not want text messages, reply STOP or go to http://schoolmessenger.com/txtmsg. You will continue to receive emails from your child’s school.
- Families who replied Y or Yes to the incomplete text message
- You do not need to do anything as your opt-in has been applied to their School Messenger Communication selections.
- Families who replied N or STOP to the incomplete text message
- You can reply Y or Yes to the short code 978338 at any time to opt-in again to receive text messages from CCRCE/their school Or to continue your cell number as blocked from receiving text messages; no action is needed.
If you do not receive a text message on September 15, but are expecting an opt-in invitation. Please contact your child’s school. You will receive the text invite to confirm once your contact update is reflected within the system. Reply Y or Yes to confirm you would like to receive text messages.
If you wish to opt out from receiving text messages at any time during the school year, reply to the text message by texting “STOP” or go to http://schoolmessenger.com/txtmsg. You will continue to receive emails from your child’s school.
Thank you for your understanding.