COVID-19 Update- March 16
Dear Students and Families,
As you may have heard, the Province of Nova Scotia has announced that all public schools will be closed for two weeks following March Break. This is one of several province-wide prevention measures to reduce the risk to public health caused by COVID-19.
March Break continues this week (March 16-20). Schools will remain closed to students from March 23 to April 3. This closure will be reassessed at the end of this period.
We understand that any change to school schedules can be disruptive to families, however, this is an important way to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
We also recognize that you may have questions about what this closure will mean for learning, completing courses, final exams, school calendars, etc. Please know that our staff and members of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development are working together to address these questions.
You can expect to receive an update from us by the end of the week. We will share any new information with you in several ways:
- by our Alert email
- on our website [www.ccrce.ca]
- by social media [@CCRCE, on Facebook, @CCRCE_NS on Twitter]
In the meantime, if you or your family needs support, our Parent Navigator and SchoolsPlus teams can be contacted by phone or email:
CCRCE Parent Navigators
- Marcia Gamble, Cobequid Family Contact Information: (902) 890-3973 email@example.com
- Tracey Austin, Celtic Family Contact Information: (902) 921-1045 firstname.lastname@example.org
CCRCE Schools Plus Facilitators
- Jillian Hennick, Pictou County West Facilitator Contact Information: (782) 440-2213 email@example.com
- Kaylin Comeau-Leil, Pictou County East Facilitator Contact Information: (902) 759-0649 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Shay, Central Colchester Facilitator Contact Information: (902) 890-2521 email@example.com
- Matt Gough, Truro Junior Facilitator Contact Information: (902) 324-1262 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candace Norman, Hants North Facilitator Contact Information: (902) 497-3048 email@example.com
- Anneliese MacPherson, Hants East Facilitator Contact Information: (902) 478-7917 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Wood, Cumberland Facilitator Contact Information: (902) 694-8581 email@example.com
Please continue to follow all advice from Nova Scotia Public Health. Accurate, up-to-date information is available at:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work together to help each other stay as healthy and safe as possible.
Regional Executive Director of Education