Our Education Services Department is responsible for the development and delivery of programs and related services that offer students the opportunity to "develop their potential and acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to contribute to a healthy society and a prosperous and sustainable economy" (Nova Scotia Department of Education Public School Programs).
Education Services is deeply committed to bringing CCRCE's Vision, Mission, and Values to life in all our schools. We are dedicated to providing high-quality student learning in a safe and equitable environment. Within the context of an inclusive, student-centered environment, Education Services strives to meet the diverse learning needs of all students from pre-primary to senior high school.
Education Services is made up of two divisions that work collaboratively to support our schools; Programs and Student Services and System Administration.
Programs and Student Services
The Programs and Student Services Division is responsible for the development and delivery of programs and related services through an inclusive model of education. This model incorporates a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) that is specific to the Nova Scotia context and addresses students’ academic, social-emotional, and behavioural needs in an integrated way.
The major functions of the Programs and Student Services Department include:
- Implementation of curricula, programs, and related services.
- Development and implementation of programs and support services for students with special needs.
- Implementation of French Second Language curricula and programs.
- Supporting Professional Learning Communities in all CCRCE schools and departments.
- Technology integration.
- Data analysis in support of Student Success Planning, as well as achievement of the System Improvement Plan.
- Development and implementation of comprehensive guidance and counselling services.
- Development and implementation of student equity initiatives and support services.
- Development and implementation of school community partnerships.
- Coordination and communication of student evidence of well-being and achievement to inform best practice and support continuous system and school improvement.
- Approval of relevant research and research projects.
The System Administration Division works collaboratively with the Department of Programs and Student Services to fulfill the mandate of Education Services. This division oversees the work of the Family of Schools Supervisors and is responsible for:
- Leadership and operational management of the Family of Schools Supervisors and schools.
- Professional development and succession planning in support of school-based administrators.
- Provision of system supports to ensure effective Professional Learning Community practices in all CCRCE schools.
- Implementation of all school related policies and procedures (ministerial, provincial and CCRCE).
- Support of School Advisory Councils (Nova Scotia School Advisory Council Handbook, 2019).
- Provision of leadership and support to the Student Success Planning Process and preparation of school annual reports.
- In collaboration with Human Resources Services and Programs and Student Services, allocation of teaching and administrative staff, educational assistants, student support workers, student support staff, and library services staff.
- The annual appraisal of all school-based staff through a Professional Growth and Appraisal Process.
- Management of the Information Technology Division and the Information Economy Initiative Extension, including coordination of technology acquisition, allocation, maintenance; and coordination of cyber-security initiatives in CCRCE.
- Coordination of the International Student Program.
- Lead the development of effective partnerships with community agencies.
- Director of Programs and Student Services, Education Services
- Central Office
- System Supervisor, Education Services
- Central Office