Winter Weather Reminder
Here are a few helpful hints and reminders about inclement weather and schools:
- Decisions regarding school cancellations are made by 6:30 am or at times mid-day. We try our best not to have a mid-day cancellation, but sometimes an unexpected change in the weather makes the decision for us.
- If a mid-day cancellation occurs, it's important your school has your most up-to-date contact information.
- Mid-day cancellations can be complicated by busing. Many CCRCE buses transport students to and from multiple schools, in a set order. This same order of pick-ups and drop-offs will still apply in the case of a mid-day cancellation. So, though schools may close at 10:00 am, for example, students may not be dropped off until an hour or more later, depending on where their school is on the regular pick-up and drop-off order.
- It's also a good time to pre-plan alternative childcare arrangements.
Whether first thing in the morning or mid-day cancellations due to weather conditions will be communicated in several ways:
- The “All Schools Open” button on the CCRCE home page (www.ccrce.ca) changes to red. By clicking on the button, you can get closure information specific to your school.
- A message regarding the cancellation is posted to the CCRCE home page under “News”; to the CCRCE Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CCRCE), and to our Twitter feed (@CCRCE_NS).
- Information is sent to all local radio and television stations within CCRCE, including CBC radio in Nova Scotia.
Also, remember that we hold our student and staff safety as a top priority. All decisions regarding winter school cancellations are made with great care to ensure everyone stays safe during the winter season. We thank you for your patience and understanding!