Record-setting weekend for CEC Track and Field
The Cobequid Educational Centre (CEC) Cougars had a record-setting weekend at the Nova Scotia School Athletic Federation (NSSAF) track and field championships at Beazley Field in Dartmouth.
CEC took home seven championship banners, including the overall Div. I title, a new NSSAF individual record and three new school records. The Cougars swept the Intermediate Girls and Boys, and Senior Girls and Boys divisions, marking the first time a Nova Scotia school has done so in 25 years.
The Truro-based high school was crowned champs in the following categories;
- Intermediate Girls Provincial Champions with 107 points
- Intermediate Boys Provincial Champions with 135 points
- Intermediate Banner (Combined Boys and Girls) with 242 points
- Senior Girls Provincial Champions with 134.5 points
- Senior Boys Provincial Champions with 171 points
- Senior Banner (Combined Boys and Girls) with 305.5 points
- Div. I Banner with 547.5 points
Records set by the Cougars included:
- Michael Adams broke the CEC and provincial record in Intermediate Boys javelin, throwing 51.86 metres.
- The Intermediate Boys 4x100 metre relay team set a new CEC record, finishing in 45.98 seconds. Team members were Kamryn Matheson, Cameron Degroot, Brody Schmidt and Zach Richards.
- Kamryn Matheson set a new Intermediate Boys CEC record with a 23.1 second run in the 200 metres.