Healthy Holiday Snack Ideas for School and Home
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
The wonderful folks at Nourish Nova Scotia have been hard at work developing nutritious, healthy and FUN recipes for students & families this holiday season!
Tips for Planning:
- Try new healthy foods. Kids like adventure!
- Get children involved in celebration planning by asking them for their favourite healthy snack ideas, or giving them choices and get them to vote on their top picks.
- Choose foods for fun, good taste and health. Celebrations that feature healthful foods provide opportunities for children to practice making wise food choices.
- Serve a balanced menu consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and protein (like egg, yogurt, low-fat cheese).
- Cut foods into fun shapes using cookie cutters and allow children to assemble their own snacks.
- Serve water or milk for beverages.