School Board Candidate Information Session: June 23, 2016
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD), and the Nova Scotia School Boards Association will be holding School Board Candidate Information Sessions around the province throughout the month of June. These sessions will be two-hours in length, and will provide insight into the roles and responsibilities of a school board member, along with the nominations process.
CCRSB Candidate Information Session
Date: June 23, 2016
Location: CCRSB Central Office, 60 Lorne Street, Truro
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 pm
School Board Candidate Information Sessions will review:
- The roles and responsibilities of an elected school board member
- A brief review of the Education Act
- Qualifications to run
- Filing nominations - processes
- A brief review of school board governance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Opportunity for questions
For more information about the details of this session, contact the Nova Scotia School Boards Association at 902-491-2888. For information about the Chignecto-Central Regional School Board: 1-800-770-0008 (toll-free in NS) or 902-897-8900.