The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board’s Teen Reader’s Choice Award is back for its sixth year!
“The Teen Reader’s Choice Award introduces all Grade 7 to 12 students to 10 titles that were thoughtfully and carefully selected by CCRSB Library Service staff, and encourages them to read, discuss, and voice their opinions,” says Jolene Shaw, CCRSB Library Services Manager. “The 10 titles chosen represent a wide variety of today’s best young adult fiction.”
Students will determine the winner of the award by reading, and voting, for their favourite book from March 21st to June 2nd. TRCA is working toward the goal of at least 1,000 student votes this year!
The 2017 Top 10 books are:
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
- Audacity by Melanie Crowder
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E. K. Johnston
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge
- The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Students are encouraged to read one or more of the Top 10 books and to discuss them in school and online at http://ccrsbteenchoice.wordpress.com, or by using the hashtag #TRCA2017 on Facebook and twitter.
The 2017 CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award winning book will be announced on June 13th with a series of in-school awards ceremonies.
Students can track the progress of their favourite books on the Teen Reader’s Choice Award blog and through the #TRCA2017 hashtag.