Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education employs approximately 2700 individuals across a wide geographical range covering East Hants, Colchester, Pictou and Cumberland Counties. Our employees work in 66 schools and offices to support the diverse learning needs of our students.
Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education is committed to an inclusive education system that supports the well-being and achievement of every student in a high-quality, culturally and linguistically responsive environment.
CCRCE is actively working to hire individuals from under-represented groups, particularly African Nova Scotians, other individuals of African descent as well as individuals of Mi’kmaw/Indigenous ancestry, to ensure equitable representation within employee groups. Equitable hiring strengthens the knowledge and expertise in our schools, and supports our system in establishing schools as safe, caring, and accessible learning spaces that support all students. This will provide opportunities for students to see themselves reflected throughout their schools, learning resources, and within their learning experiences.
CCRCE has an Employment Equity Policy and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, particularly people of African Nova Scotians, African Canadians and individuals of African ancestry and Mi’kmaw/Indigenous ancestry. Please ensure that you complete the self-identification portion on the position application.
Before commencing employment with CCRCE, all new employees and volunteers must complete the following:
- Police Records Check
- Child Abuse Registry Form
To view available positions within CCRCE please search based on the Employee Groups listed below:
Teaching and Administration Positions
- Teacher and Administration Login (Substitues, Teachers, Administration)
- Staffing Rounds Summary
- Staffing Chronology
- Available NSGEU Positions (Central Office Clerk, Administrative Assistant, ITSS/RITSS, Educational Assistant, Library, Volunteers, Substitutes, Community Outreach Workers, Student Support Workers, Child and Youth Practitioner)
- NSGEU Login (Recruitment and Substitute Lists)
- CUPE Positions
- Available CUPE Positions (Custodian, Maintenance, Trades)
Positions with other school boards, regions or education departments
- Nova Scotia International Programs Teaching and Administrative Opportunities (Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development)
- Physical Activity & Physical Education Project Lead