The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board (CCRSB) is comprised of 17 board members and 2,700 staff, all striving to provide a well-rounded education for over 20,000 students in grades Primary to 12.
Our school board is made up of 69 schools in central and northern Nova Scotia, stretching from the New Brunswick border to the Antigonish County line and from the Northumberland Strait to the Halifax Regional Municipality. Our elected Board, Superintendent, four directors and four Family of Schools supervisors make-up the CCRSB leadership team. The central administrative office is located at 60 Lorne Street in Truro, Nova Scotia, with Family of Schools offices located in Westville, Springhill, Truro and Elmsdale.
The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board will be accountable to the public for the results achieved in the region's schools. Within the parameters of the Education Act and the Public School Program, the Board will determine priorities; provide human and material resources; and monitor and evaluate results achieved. Within due course, this activity will be implemented through the strategies/action plans flowing from a Regional Strategic Plan. Consistent with a commitment of excellence, the Board has adopted the following guiding principles:
- To improve student achievement and self-esteem.
- To support the partnership of home, school and community in the development of students.
- To improve the quality of services provided to students and all other stakeholders. To further enhance the quality of instruction.
- To promote and support a safe and positive school environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- To achieve regional equity in the delivery of programs and services.
- To hold high expectations for students, teachers and community stakeholders in the process of life-long learning.
- To enhance employee effectiveness and satisfaction.
- To establish, implement and monitor an accountability process.
- To actively promote and maintain a climate of mutual trust, confidence and respect throughout the organization and within the community of stakeholders.
- To emphasize responsibility of, and established partnerships with, all of social agencies with impact on the development of children and young adults.
- To encourage participation by all stakeholders in decision making processes.
- To increase community support for, and emphasize involvement in, public education.
We develop independent lifelong learners in a student-centered environment with high expectations for all.
We believe student learning is our priority and learning is a partnership among home, school and community.
We believe that all students have the ability to learn and that our students learn in different ways.
We believe that we must teach the whole child because learning is a lifelong process.
We believe that our schools must be safe, supportive, and socially-just places where everyone must be treated with dignity and respect.
Goal 1: Increase student learning.
Goal 2: Provide positive, safe, socially-just learning environments.