The Teen Reader’s Choice Award gives students the opportunity to interact and enjoy reading with other students who have the same passion. This year the shortlist of 10 titles selected by CCRSB Library Services staff represents positive portrayals of diversity that students can relate to.
The 2017 Top 10 books are:
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
- Audacity by Melanie Crowder
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E. K. Johnston
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge
- The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (2017 Winner)
Students are encouraged to read one or more of the Top 10 books between March 8th and May 16th, and to discuss the book(s) in school and online at http://ccrsbteenchoice.wordpress.com.
Students will be able to vote for their favourite Top 10 book from March 21st until June 2nd. The 2017 CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award winning book will be announced on June 13th, with a series of in-school awards ceremonies that week.
The CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award program celebrates reading for pleasure and encourages students to have conversations about books and reading.
To track the progress of the 2017 CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award, visit http://ccrsbteenchoice.wordpress.com.